Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Jan 31, 2010

"I see your true colors shining through....

ASHLEY:
Just the other day my dad sent me an e-mail. As I read the e-mail I couldn't help but smile and feel a wave of joy rush over me. I have always believed that colors speak volumes, and when a color is "attached" to a particular person you tend to think to yourself, "Yeah, that totally makes sense." I was pretty happy to read my dad's e-mail and see that this "a-ha" moment happened for him whilst reading information typed up by a paint company. The e-mail excerpt is pasted below:

"These descriptions are paraphrased from the Olympic Paint
advertisement:

Colors are inspired by your world. Color has no boundaries. No set rules. It's all about your own personal taste and inspirations.

Your choice of color sets the tone and begins the journey of creating a home (or event - {wedding}) that speaks to you and about you.

Color speaks to us in so many ways. It has the power to calm, energize, or even warm your soul. Color can transform a space and make a statement. . . your statement.

Color can influence our emotions and inspire our living space. Inspiration is all around you. Inspiration can come from so many different places. The world we live in. The objects that surround us. Everywhere we look, our world is filled with a palette of colors; from the warm, inviting shade of a room in candlelight, to the vivid tones of ripening fruit, to the cool colors of the seashore. Colors catch our eye. They spark ideas. They reflect moods. As you look at the colors of your world, choose those that help to create your own personal statement.

YELLOW: Sunshine and light. Yellow projects a radiant look, creating instant warmth.
ORANGE: Cheerful and lively. Midway between red and yellow, orang is dynamic and energetic.
GREEN: Calming and harmonious. Green says balance and beauty; drawing from the shades of nature.

I realize that this does sound like an ad, but I think that the colors you have chosen describe both of you, and your lifestyle perfectly! Just sayin'."


In a nut shell, the colors that Adam and I have chosen for the wedding are more than just happy hues of summer. They represent the kind of people we are; they inspire us day after day; they catch our attention and make us remember how lovely the world is; they scream "happy!!!!" and "fun!!!!" and "nature shades of nature!!!!" All the colors of the rainbow are beautiful, but I am especially thrilled to have orange, yellow and green---my three favorite colors---play such an integral part in our wedding day. They are just very "us." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment