Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Jun 1, 2010

"Shoes. Ohmigawd, shoes."

The search for the "perfect" orange ballet flat has proved to be rather unsuccessful. Why must the only pair I like be $420.00 from Prada???  *curses!* 


As if our wedding didn't scream "Low budg'!" enough already, I popped into Payless Shoe Source today....and popped back out with two pairs of ballet flats, either of which have a good shot of being worn on our wedding day (which is just 81 days away, b-t-dubs).

While my heart has been set on finding a fun pair of orange shoes (preferably flats 'cuz heels suck--they hurt, they're pricey, and they're no fun to dance in), I opted to go ahead and buy the following pairs of shoes. Just in case I never find my dream footwear, I've now got these two options in my own closet. I couldn't pass up the ol' "Buy 1, Get the Second 1/2 Off" deal at Payless had goin' on---two pairs of cute shoes for under $20.00 is a steal! And if I *do* happen to find fantastic orange slip-ons, well, then I've got two more pairs of shoes to wear this summer. :o)

Shoe #1
Brand: American Eagle
Yellow stripes with faux-suede flower

I would be a-okay with wearing these flats during the wedding reception because they are yellow, unique, comfy, and stay on my feets when walking and dancing. Yes, I tested this while in the store; the sales lady was amused. I'd like to maybe add an antique orange button in the center of the flower, but otherwise these shoes are pretty great! Simple, yet feminine, and totally works with our wedding vibe.
(Note: The ant may be kinda-cute in this here photo, but I HATE that he and all his buddies have made their way into our house to escape the heat outside. Rogue ants can be found aimlessly roaming about in nearly every room of our house and it's starting to gross me out. Not only are these ants humongous, but I'm not fully convinced that they don't bite...)


Shoe #2
Brand: Predictions
"White Eden"

There is *no way* I would wear these just the way they are. I bought these shoes as a back-up option / art project! If I can't find a pair of fun orange ballet flats, then by golly I'm gonna make 'em myself. I'll have to investigate what's best to transform "Blinding-and-Boring White" into "Citrus Fruit." Dye? Fabric paint? Spray paint? Maybe I should just B'dazzle 'em, eh?? (hehehe..kidding.) If turning them the proper shade of orange is a success, however, I do intend to add some type of embellishment on the top, like a flower or a buckle, or maybe some rick-rack ribbon. I like the idea of wearing custom-made wedding shoes, and I'll be stoked if I can create orange ballet flats that are cooler / more "fashionista" than the ones from Prada....but we'll see how fruitful this creative endeavor is. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment