Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

May 30, 2010

Yippee!

Dress Success (revisited)!


Adam and I went over to his parent's house tonight for a Memorial Day Weekend cook-out. *Delicious!* But after stuffin' my belly with some tasty grub and a few "adult beverages," I started to have frightful mental images of not fitting into my dress. 


So what do I do? Why, I skibbled upstairs to the Fraser's guest room to try on my dress and make sure the thing fit! I had to know. I had to put my mind at ease. 


And whattaya know?! My dress slipped on without any struggle at all, and looked better than I remembered! I stood in front of the mirror, admiring the cleanliness and simpleness of it, happy once again with the choice I made back in November. I don't appear to have lost any significant weight, but I haven't gained any either, so I'm pretty pleased...and just a little more than excited about my pre-summer tan (thank you, Florida!). 


The bride-to-be I saw in the mirror tonight brought a giant smile to my face---this dress makes me feel and look happy, beautiful and comfortable... and it just doesn't get any better than that, does it?? Now that I have total peace of mind, I have no qualms about puttin' my dress on in front of all my moms and bridesmaids at my fitting next month...and I can't WAIT to wear it on our wedding day. My dress is very "me" and while wearing it I feel like the lovely, healthy, modern bride that I am. 


(I like that I can say that with confidence. No, I take that back. I LOVE that I can say that with confidence! I am a lovely, healthy, modern bride---woo!)  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment