Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

May 30, 2010

Wedding Crashing

What a kickass kickoff to Memorial day weekend!  Ash and I headed North yesterday to "NorCon"  my HILLARIOUS name for North Conway  where we did a bit of outlet shopping.  Ash picked up a sundress and a cardigan at GAP, and I snagged 3 really nice pairs of pants from Banana Republic for about $10 each - normally I can't stand that place, but I lowered my guard since I was looking for a vest/pant combo for the wedding and ended up striking gold.  For bonus points I scored a watch that I plan on wearing when I go surfing on week-mornings so I can tell when I need to paddle back in and get ready for work.  Shawing!

After a quick jaunt downtown for ice cream (Ash) and a carnitas taco (Adam), we headed back to The Brass Heart Inn where we got hooked up with a free tasting of their dinner menu.  Sheena, the event coordinator for the Brass Heart, basically invited us to come and crash a wedding since it'd be convenient for them to whip up 2 extra plates for us.  Ash and I rolled in around 6:30 and wandered around, jaws agape, taking photos of every beautiful nuance.  We both fell in love with the place all over again just looking at the gorgeous landscape and seeing the lawn set up for the ceremony.  I'd blab on about it, but I took photos, and each of those are worth 1,000 words as you all know, so here are 19,000 words to paint a picture of our future wedding site.  We hope you find it as romantic (in every sense of the word) as we did.



Besides the site itself, the staff are just outstanding. Sheena and her husband are just the nicest, most down-to-earth people. The staff are fun, and funny, and seem to really enjoy what they do. Jason, the bartender, joked around with us about crashing the wedding while we were taking pictures in the corral outside of the barn. Later, when we had the courage to enter in the middle of the reception, he hooked us each up with drinks. Ash Sheena put it, "we love being around people at their happiest moments."

No comments:

Post a Comment