Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

May 19, 2010

"I looooove the flower girl....." -The Cowsills

Cripes, neither of us has written for so long---the weeks seem to fly by! Admittedly, we haven't been too heavily focused on wedding planning details in these past weeks, having gotten overwhelmed by social obligations, my birthday, never-ending housework, the daily grind of work, and then going away to Florida for a week-long get-away! However, the 3 month countdown is nearly upon us, so it's time to get crackin'!

One thing I'm happy to cross off the THE LIST: Flower girl attire

Our flower girls, Isabel and Annie, will be donning adorable, matching yellow sundresses, which their mom found on sale for $20.00 each at Macy's a few weeks ago. They are super cute and just what I was hoping for; couldn't have hoped for anything better, and I truly mean that. The girls will not only look cute, but they'll be comfortable in simple cotton sundresses. No stuffy-and-fluffy dresses at THIS wedding, boy-howdy!

I'm considering making the girls daisy crowns similar to this ---------->
I find the leaves to be a bit much in this particular example, but white and yellow daisies put together for a head-wreath are just so precious. Representing youth and innocence, I think it's just the right hair accessory for a 5 and 10 year old girl. I wore a head-wreath of autumnal flowers for my mother's wedding back in the 90's and *loved* it---I felt like a little hippie-girl / flower-child, and loved that I didn't have to have pounds of hairspray and bobbypins weighing down my noggin.

I wonder if Annie and Isabel would enjoy a wreath of flowers as much as I did....???

No comments:

Post a Comment