Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Mar 22, 2010

Decorate 'dat aisle!

{shepherds hooks}

A cheap and easy way to bring some color to the aisle decor...withOUT implementing flowing waves of toole. giant bows, or overpriced flowers in giant urns. These garden hooks are everywhere, especially now that Spring has officially sprung (yay and thank gawd!). Of course, being the thrify-miss that I am, I wanted to find the best deal. The aisle in which we'll be walking is relatively short, but I figured I'd be buying upwards of 10 - 12 hooks to stick in the ground; fancy-shmancy garden places will sell these things at five bucks a pop, which makes me declare, "Laaaaaame." I forced myself to be patient and just keep my eyes open, waiting till I found the best deal.

While "FREE" would have been pretty awesome (and obviously the best deal), I got the next best thing: $1.00 each. Ch'yeah, a dollar. Each. Frickin' sweet.

"Where do you find shepherds hooks for a dollar?!" you ask.

Dollar Tree, of course!

They look *just* like the ones in this picture. They're black, ya stick 'em in the ground, and they have a hook at the end.... Boo-ya. I don't think we'll be hanging balls o' flowers from them, however.... I'm envisioning more of a farm'y aesthetic, like tin pails filled with daisies perhaps. Just a lil' something to spruce up the aisle in which we all shall walk, ya know? What's great is that these hooks can be used for so many other things after the wedding. I can loan them to others if they want 'em for their wedding; I can put them somewhere in our (non-existent) garden or near our pool; I can use them as marshmallow skewers when camping; I can stab trespassers. See, so many uses! And at only a dollar each! 

1 comment: