Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Mar 31, 2010

I will remember you...

Sad fact about my wedding: my grandparents aren't going to be there.

My mother's parents are unable to make the lengthy journey---after all, they reside back in San Diego and 3,000 miles, even by plane, is an awfully long way for elderly folks to travel.

And my father's parents passed away years ago. :o(

It brings tears to my eyes when I think about how nice it would be to have my grandparents present on my wedding day... My grandmothers and grandfathers have taught me so much over the years and I am nothing but grateful to have so many pleasant memories of them.

Since neither set of grandparents will be able to physically be at our wedding, I've decided to do two things:

1) I will soon be ordering two bouquet memory frames so as to have my dad's parents close to me as I walk down the aisle. Each memory frame is $12.00 at www.myjeanm.com (Jean M invitations and accessories)

2) I will have my grandparents' wedding photos framed and on display. Not sure where...but somewhere. I've already retrieved the wedding photo of my mom's parents---still can't believe my grandmother was only just turning 21 when she married!!! Need to ask my dad to rummage around the house and search for his parent's wedding photo so I can make a photocopy.

1 comment:

  1. You should set up a laptop at the ceremony, and let your maternal grandparents watch it on Skype!

    ReplyDelete