Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Feb 26, 2010

{ f e e t }

Issue at hand: Adam and I do not want to wear shoes. We want to feel the grass beneath our feets and just not stress over expensive footwear that we'd rarely wear, if ever again.

However....

My mother brought up a good point: By being barefoot'ed in our ceremony (which is a definite, by the way, and I hope our bridesmaids and groomsmen are all cool with that!), we're going to have "K-Mart Feet." Visual: white-trashy people who walk around K-Mart with bare feet turn into white-trashy people with VERY black-bottomed feet. *ew* We'd like to avoid that, obviously----it wouldn't look good in photos for one, and another reason is that there will be copious amounts of dancing during the reception and shoes will be needed for that ('cuz bottom-of-the-foot-blisters really suck).

So! While I am very happy and anxious to walk down the aisle with bare feet and painted toe nails, I realize that I still have to shop for shoes of some sort...you know, for picture 'opps. and dancin' and for the K-Mart feet avoidance and such.

I'm keepin' my eyes pealed for fun flats---orange would be fabulous!!! Or green. Or yellow. I don't want anything with a heel (unless it's a wedge)...and nothin' with straps or buckles or bows or bells! Less is more, after all. And cuter, too.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a shoe post! You and I have already talked about this but I still haven't figured out what I'm doing with my feet.

    These are cute (slight bow/knot)
    http://bit.ly/cjvXnw

    ~Marianne

    ReplyDelete