Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Feb 25, 2010

Stresses With Tresses

{oh, hair...}

So I've been thinking a lot about my hair lately. I know, I've *always* been preoccupied with my hair---back in the day it started out as naturally light brown locks that went down to my butt (I used to have boys sit behind me in class tying it in knots!). But since sophomore year of college my hair has undergone some change...the most drastic being two years of dreadlocks, followed by a bleach-blonde shaggy bob! Finally my hair has grown out to a healthy state again--hooray!--and  as of late I am most concerned with my bangs (windy day pictures are always a hoot), fly aways (man I hate those things), and the bizarre hue my hair fades to after months of not dying it. 

Because I am sitting here with box-dye soaking on my head, and I have been perusing through my usual wedding blogs and websites, I cannot help but be focused on hair at the moment...and I am thinking about how on earth I want to wear it come my wedding day.

Other hair-related issues on my mind:
How much longer my hair will grow over the next 6 months? Seems the older I get the less it grows, which makes me quite sad....
What shade of brown should I go with? I've been going back and forth between auburn and dark brown...but I'm contemplating lightening it up a) just for kicks and b) because it's a summer wedding...
Why are my bangs such a freakin' issue? Will they please just properly grow out?! And in a quicker fashion, too? Thanks....
Can I pin a flower on the side of my head whilst wearing a veil? Will it look lame? Or too crowded? 

I quite like the look of the messy low-bun, and especially love the flower pinned to the side. I don't want a fancy French twist with my bangs plastered down because I'm just not that classy (and that is the furthest thing from my style). I don't want my hair curled in the "half-up, half-down" mode because I would sweat like crazy having my hair down over my neck and upper back, and my hair is straight as a stick and doesn't hold a curl anyhow. I don't care to pay a ton of bucks on getting my hair styled, but don't trust myself to create a 'do that will a) look amazing for the ceremony, pictures, and the rest of the day and b) stay secure through hours of cuttin' up a rug on the dance floor during the reception! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady,
    I was poking around on Etsy, and this shop SOOO reminded me of you, and made me think of what you're doing for your wedding hair: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LiveInStyle

    I hope you like it, or at least get some ideas.

    ReplyDelete