Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Jul 8, 2010

Shake yo' groove thang!

"May I have this dance?"
"Sure! But only if you're willing to pop and lock and shake what yo' mama gave ya..."

Joy of joys! Adam and I are on Day 3 of choreographing /  practicing our super-fly First Dance and already it's ridiculously fun and full of awesome (if 'awesome' was a noun).

I. am. so. PSYCHED! 

I cannot tell you how {thrilled} I am to be marrying someone who is so willing (and dare I say excited?) to bust a move. As a long-time performer and dance teacher, having a fun and upbeat First Dance has been at the top of my priority list. It would be a crime NOT to do something lively and untraditional, don't you agree??? This is why I feel so fortunate to have found Adam, my "perfect match" Not every guy out there is willing and able to appease his Dancing Queen wife-to-be in this arena. Thankfully, Adam is a guy who is comfortable in public and confident enough in himself to be okay with "acting a fool" every once in a while. Not only that, but he knows that to dance in front of people does not require professional training or being perfect (whatever "perfect" is)---it's all about having F U N. I have little to no shame and am alwayswilling to dance crazy-like in front of people, so it looks as though I was destined to meet Adam Fraser eh?? *hehe* ;o) Knowing that I'll soon be sharing the stage with my significant other is a very exciting thing for me---I just envision us doing our First Dance routine and a big fat smile spreads over my face! Never fails, every time our song comes on (admittedly, I've been listening to it on repeat on my drive to and from work this week--ha!), I feel the rush of happy hormones and get more and more excited over our dance-in-progress. :o) The reality of it all fills me with such glee that I can't help but feel giddy; I can't wait for the moment we are announced as Mr. and Mrs. Fraser and dance together for the first time as a married couple! 

The heat wave we've been experiencing in New England this past week has presented us with the challenge of keeping cool whilst dancing. [ Fun fact: we are cheapskates and don't choose to invest in A.C. ] Boy howdy, I kid you not when I say that our house is hot enough for a killer Bikram yoga sesh--it is just so damn HOT in here!! Luckily, the tile *finally* went down on the finished side of our basement just two weeks ago so it's a good 15 degrees cooler down there; makes for an ideal dance studio!  [EDIT (Adam): "Ideal" with one exception: head is a mere 4 inches from the ceiling which makes some moves kind of - dare I say - dangerous.] It's still hotter than Hades, but it's fun to be spending time together, dancing and sweating up a storm, and putting our creative minds and bodies to work. I'm wicked proud of Adam actually, not only for being open to learning some of my serious dance moves, but also for coming up with a few ideas of his own! Just today, in fact, he suggested something and it filled up an 8-count perfectly! *Good job, Fiend!!!*  I'm having a blast creating choreography that we can both do and have a good time with, and it seems like Adam is really having fun with it all---couldn't ask for anything better!

This whole First Dance topic makes me think about one of many reasons why I love Adam so much:
I love that he isn't afraid to be wild and zany with me; he's game to have fun and isn't scared to be in the spotlight every once in a while. He may not be a trained dancer like myself, but he accepts and respects our differences and is STILL able to have fun, and that scores him some major Brownie points. He compliments my high level of energy with his own unique energy, and together we make quite a team! Planning this wedding with him has truly been a joy because we both share the desire to have nothing short of an AWESOME time together with our family and friends. We want it to be memorable and beautiful, enjoyable and fun, all the while remaining true to ourselves. This, of course, includes lots and lots of dancing at the reception....CAN'T WAIT!!!

*Note: I'm sure you're dying to know what our First Dance song is.....and I'm sorry to break your heart but it's a secret---you're just gonna hafta' wait and find out when the day comes! I *will* tell you, however, that we're doing a fast n' funky dance, as well as the more traditional slow dance. Double-wammy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment