Things and stuff about a couple of fiend'ancés planning a wedding.

Jul 11, 2010

Rings and things

We're bringin' our A-game..

We are just 6 weeks away from the A & A Wedding of the Century, and there is still quite a bit left to cross off on the ol' To Do list....It's time we really crack down and bring our A-game. *ba-dum, chhh!*

Yesterday, Adam and I went on a massive errand-running spree up in New Hampshire. It started out hot and sunny---Adam went surfing in Hampton, and I went for a run to the post office---but then the skies turned gray and the predicted rain began to fall. It certainly didn't keep us from being ultra-productive, though! We popped over to Gram's for a bit so she could alter the bridesmaid dress I'll be wearing on August 7th in Yankton, South Dakota...then we went to Michael's for some bouttonniere-making ingredients...followed by Best Buy so I could finally buy a new MP3 player (hooray!!!). Adam also got a groovy pair of slip-ins from Old Navy for $7.00 and a pair of new flip flops at Pac Sun, and ate a nutritious and delicious lunch at Fresh City. Then into the ol' Fox Run Mall we went, with the mission of finding fun ties for the groomsmen (preferably orange paisley).

Our search for fun groomsmen ties was a bust, but Adam DID enable text messaging on his cell phone FIIIIIIIINNALLY, after 4 years of textless communication. Then, much to my surprise, Adam suggested we pop into one of the jewelry stores to look at and try on wedding bands. *gleeful squeak!* Did my fiancé just think of something we had been talking about doing for a month now (and obviously escaped my mind completely)??? What a treat it was to have Adam remember a vital wedding-prep. detail! ;o) 

Anywho, we talked with Anna from Kaye Jewlers for nearly an hour---she was a hoot and she likes us as well; said she's "putting us down with an 'F' for 'fun-people.'" She was thrilled with the fact that all of our names started with 'A', thereby making us The A-Team of course. ;o) She was super patient and helpful, letting us kinda run the show and explain what we like, don't like, etc. We never felt pressured by her, and that's huge with me because salespeople typically drive me crazy (especially when they think I don't know what they're trying to do). Adam, the most indecisive man to walk the face of this planet, and me, a relatively particular and no-nonsense individual, were semi-successful with this wedding band endeavor. 

I believe I found the band I want, and for an *awesome* price too. It's a petite , 1/6 TDW chevron-style band with a cute beading lining on both sides of the row of tiny diamonds; 14k white gold band, to match that of my engagement ring. It's a small enough band to keep the engagement diamonds as the focus, but not so small that it gets lost. I think it's a lovely compliment; a happy match. "That was easy."

Adam tried on nearly every single ring, but for the giant mafia'esque "bling" and is still on the fence with the ones he narrowed out as "liking, but not loving." We both kinda dug the unique'ness of this stainless steel cable one, as well as the simple cross-hatch pattern. But I think The Fiend (aka: Adam) craves something more simple, and if he could he'd take the frickin' sizing band as his wedding ring! 
[no joke, Adam asked if there was a band that looked and felt as comfortable as the sizing band...LOL!] 

I've put in my two cents (i.e. no yellow gold, PLEEEASE!), but I'm very willing to let Adam choose his wedding band. After all, I chose my engagement ring and I'm choosing my wedding band as well. HIS wedding band isn't gonna be on MY finger, it'll be on his. He's got to like it. I'll let him take some time before making the final decision....but not TOO much time, of course, because we're only SIX WEEKS AWAY and I'd really like to have bands purchased sooner than later. Anna-at-Kaye's-Jeweler mentioned that once you order a ring there's typically a two week turn-around, so we really gotta place an order in the not-too-distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment